8 sept 2011

Rose Parade


They asked me to come down
and watch the parade
And to march down the street
like the Duracell bunny
With a wink and a wave from the cavalcade
Throwing out candy that looks like money
To people passing by that all seem
to be going the other way
Said, "Won't you follow me down
to the rose parade?"

Tripped over a dog in a choke-chain collar
People were shouting
and pushing and saying
And when I traded a smoke
for a food stamp dollar
A ridiculous marching band started playing
And got me singing along
with some half-hearted victory song
Won't you follow me down
to the rose parade?

The trumpet has obviously been drinking
Because he's fucking up even
the simplest lines
I'd say it's a sight
that's quite worth seeing
It's just that everyone's interest
is stronger than mine
And when they clean the street
I'll be the only shit
that's left behind
Won't you follow me down
to the rose parade?
Me pidieron que bajara
y vea el desfile
y que marche por la calle
como el conejito Duracell
guiñando y saludando desde la cabalgata
lanzando dulces, que parecen dinero,
a la gente que no advierte que todos
están yendo por otro sendero
Dijeron: " No me seguirás
al desfile de las rosas?"

Tropecé con un perro encadenado,
la gente gritaba,
se empujaba y hablaba
y cuando cambiaba un cigarro
por un cupón de comida
una ridícula banda comenzó a tocar
Me tienes cantando una canción
de victoria sin inspiración
No me seguirás
al desfile de las rosas?

La trompeta ha estado obviamente bebiendo
porque está arruinando incluso
las notas más simples
Diría que es una escena
que sí vale la pena ver
es sólo que el interés de todos
es más fuerte que el mío
Y cuando limpien la calle
yo seré la única mierda
que quede abandonada
No me seguirás
al desfile de las rosas?

No hay comentarios: