3 sept 2014

Half Right


Well you shouldn't doctor yourself
well I pictured somebody else
someone who looks like
what I look like.

Would you say that the one of your dreams
got in you and ripped out the seams
that's what I'd say
that's what I'd say.

He was a sucker for your double dose motherfucker turned white as a ghose
don't you say hi
don't you say hi.

With your broken sink for a face
in a head that just takes up space
he's not half right
he's not half right.

It's already half past
and it won't last.

I was sticking up for my friend
well there's nothing much to defend
it's a lost fight
it's a lost fight.

Cos when I talk to you on the phone
well, it's just like being alone
it's not half right
it's not half right.














Bueno, no deberías ser tu propio doctor
bueno, yo me imaginé a alguien más,
alguien que luzca
como luzco yo.

Tu dirías que aquel de tus sueños
está dentro de ti y arrancó las costuras
eso es lo que yo diría
eso es lo que yo diría.

El era adicto a tu dosis doble
el hijo de puta se puso blanco como un fantasma
tu no dijiste hola
tu no dijiste hola

Con tu lavabo roto por un rostro
y una cabeza que apenas ocupa espacio
él no es medio correcto
él no es medio correcto

Ya son y media pasada
y no durará

Yo estaba defendiendo a mi amigo
bueno, no hay mucho que defender
es una lucha perdida
es una lucha perdida

Porque cuando hablé contigo por teléfono,
bueno, es como estar solo.
Eso no es medio correcto
eso no es medio correcto.



2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

gracias por volver a traducir letras de elliott. gran blog.

Grunge Girl dijo...

Hello! Love the Elliott page! I'm a fan of Elliott Smith and am so happy and amazed to see so much love and remembrance out there for Elliott Smith and his beautiful music and talent. I'm sure you have heard of the film that was recently released about him. My best friend, Lianna Albrizio (Who is a HUGE Elliott Smith fan) and I traveled across the Country to Portland to see the film and it was breathtaking, emotional, inspirational, and just so many different emotions in one. Lianna is a reporter and writer and below is her blog about the Elliott Smith Movie. I truly believe fans would love to read this blog and that is would be a perfect fit for your website. Please see below and thank you so much for your time :) :)

http://prettynoisechronicles.blogspot.com/2014/10/heaven-adores-you-is-raw-heartfelt.html?showComment=1413998314560#c6973730283176431872


Best Regards,

Angelina Rivera